Vermont Bicycle Shop is now able to offer appointments for in store shopping.
This page outlines processes and policies for in store shopping appointments at Vermont Bicycle Shop. Our goal is to support the health and wellness of all customers and staff while still offering in person shopping experience. To that end, we’re offering appointments slots to visit in the store based on a number of requirements.
Important details and some requirements about booking appointments:
- All appointments must be made ahead of your visit. We cannot allow for drop ins for these appointment slots. A great deal of care is taken in cleaning and preparing before and after a visit. You can book an appointment the same day if one is available. We typically will need 2 hours notice. You can book an appointment and check availability by phone at 8026228222 (best and fastest method) or by email (slower response time) you can email Darren, [email protected] or Kris, [email protected].
- When you call us at 8026228222 or email us at [email protected] or [email protected] for an appointment we’ll ask you a few questions similar to other COVID-19 Pre-Screening surveys you may have experienced elsewhere to help determine if we can allow entry, and to help determine how much time to set aside for you.
- Masks are required and must be worn at all times. Anything worn as a mask must come in contact with the bridge of your nose and under your chin. The CDC and the World Health Organization published this video on best practices for wearing masks.
- When you arrive for your appointment we will take your temperature with a contactless thermometer, we’ll ask that you use our hand sanitizer, and we will ask the same screening questions a second time.
- We ask that your appointment visits be made with purpose.
- We will allow in store appointments to help you figure out a good gift for your favorite cyclist.
- We cannot take appointments to browse or look around. We work hard to ensure our in store inventory is reflected on our website. You can also give us a call if you don't see what you are looking for or are curious about items on the website.
What we do before and after your visit:
- When we book your appointment we'll ask about why you are coming in. We'll use this info in an attempt to prepare any products pertaining to your visit. We'll also prepare the space for your visit, should you need to look at a selection of tires, or if you are bringing your road bike in for a follow up to sizing.
- We will be certain that the space is cleaned and all touch points are disinfected. A portion of the front of the shop is designated for bicycles in quarantine. This area is roped off and clearly signed..
- If you've requested to interact with any specific item we'll make sure that it has been appropriately cleaned or quarantined prior to your visit.
- All are screened daily with the same COVID screening as customers. If you have any questions or concerns about our COVID 19 policies feel free to ask, or click this link to read our disclosure.
Some important details about when you visit:
- We're only able to allow limited access to the store at this time, much like when we were open for limited access previously.
- Each item that is handled will be placed into a 3 day quarantine. To that end we ask that you avoid coming into contact with bicycles and items unless necessary.
- The staff person handling your appointment will only serve you during that time. Our goal is to ensure your health and safety as well as other patrons health and safety.
- Other customers may come to the door and be served curbside during your appointment by other staff. No other customers will be allowed in the store while you are present for your appointment.
- We may accept delivery of products during your appointment, this will be treated the same as curbside customers.
- In the event of a delivery of items, or a customer dropping off an item for service. For your safety we ask that you do not come into contact with those items. Some items are heavy and we may require some space to move those items through to our quarantine area.
- There may be additional staff that enter during your appointment. We will do our best to minimize this occurrence during appointment times. In the event that this is unavoidable, such as the beginning of a shift or a service call, staff will be wearing appropriate protective equipment such as masks and rubber gloves and will avoid areas where you interact to the best of their ability.
Depending on a number of possible scenarios as described by the Vermont Health Department and the CDC, the information we collect will be shared. It will only be shared with the appropriate health organizations and in participation in the mitigation and handling of COVID-19.
Feel free to call us at 8026228222 or email us at [email protected] or [email protected] if you have any questions.